Sleep Number Remote Display Not Working/won’t turn on?
Don’t worry this is the Troubleshooting Guide you’re looking for!
Without further Ado Let’s jump right in
How to Troubleshoot A Sleep Number Remote
Sleep Number is best known for their adjustable air beds, and they are practically one of the best in the business. The beds are technologically advanced, and they automatically adjust to the needs of the sleeper. You get to have the ease of using all these features at the touch of a button which is no short of a dream come true!
But as it is a regular occurrence, automation comes with specific issues, and the Sleep Number bed has it as well, and the problem is not with the bed but with the remote it has. There have been several problems on forums that state sleep number remote display not working.
Apart from the display issue, there have been specific reporting that the sleep number remote won’t turn on or sleep number bed control not working. These problems are often troublesome and are tricky to be fixed on your own, but we have got the solution that you might need!
Here, we will be discussing all these issues and providing you remedies for the same. If you follow the article correctly, you’ll be relieved of any problem you are facing with your remote. So without any more wait, let’s dive into the discussion!
Sleep Number Bed Remote Problems
We will be mentioning some of the common problems that users face with their remote while using the Sleep Number Bed. These problems are the major ones, and there could be some issues that might be here, but this is what most of the people have been reporting. The common problems are:
- Sleep number remote display not working
- Sleep number bed control not working
- Displaying of error codes
Error codes are specific codes that are pre-programmed so that they can be generated if any problem occurs. These error codes are:
- ER, E or E0 – If any of these codes are displayed then it says that there is a communication failure between the base unit pump of the Firmness Control System and the remote of the Sleep Number Bed.
Fix Sleep Number Bed remote doesn’t work
Here we will be mentioning the ways and methods by which you can fix the typical Sleep Number Bed remote issues that have been discussed above. Follow the steps, and then you will be good to go.
How to Fix Sleep Number Remote Display Not Working?
This has to be the most common issue people face while using the Sleep Number Bed remote. There are several causes why this might be an issue and will provide the solution for the same, so let’s begin with the common causes:
- Battery Issues: For most of the users, this is the main issue. There is usually no issue with the working of the remote, and most of the time, the battery drains out. This causes the display to fluctuate, and it might not be working in the same way it should.
To resolve this issue, you need to make sure the batteries are correctly inserted in the remote. A misplaced battery can cause the display not to function correctly. Also, the battery might have become old and drained out. In such a case, you need to replace them with new ones, and your remote will start working.
- Wet Display or Pixel problems: If your problem is not fixed even after replacing the batteries, then there has to be a particular fault in the display of the remote. Often it happens that the pixels in the display become wet or irresponsive because of certain fluid. This problem can be fixed by warming up the screen gradually.
You can either use a device to warm the screen or place it in bright sunlight to cure the problem. Make sure that while applying this method, you don’t burn other parts of the remote. If used properly, this method can solve most of the problems.
How to reset Sleep Number Bed?
Still, Sleep Number Bed control not working? You can always perform a factory reset that might solve the issue for you. This method is generally applied when the bed reports errors frequently. This is how you can do it:
- Make sure the pump is connected to the bed before performing a reset.
- Press the R button on your remote to wake it up.
- Press both the up and down arrow button on the remote simultaneously and hold. You will see a countdown that goes from 10 to 1.
- After the countdown reaches one you would see a “- -” symbol which is followed by “C1” on display.
- Release the pressed buttons for a second and then hold them again.
- You will hear the pump click and the display shows “- -“ with a “1c” code.
- The bed has now been reset, and you are good to go.
How to inflate Sleep Number Bed without remote?
If your Sleep Number remote not working, then there is still a way you can use the bed. You can get your bed online and use it with the SleepIQ app.
The app is specially designed to work as a remote for the bed and has all the functionality. It can control the Sleep Number settings and also adjust the base.
If you need guide regarding the SleepIQ APP, Watch the below video
You can either replace the batteries or warm up the display to make it work.
Yes, use the SleepIQ app on your phone to do it without the remote.
Follow the steps given in the reset section to perform the reset.
There have been several common problems with the Sleep Number remote, and since then it has become infamous for the same. We have discussed and tried to cover all the steps that you can use to solve this issue effectively.
If any problem persists, then you should get in touch with the customer representative to do the work for you.
Our Other Guides
Fix Whirlpool Ice maker not working issue
Garbage Disposal Not Working [Troubleshooting Guide]
Jabra Elite 65t Left Earbud Not Working [Solved]
Honda Self Propelled lawn mower Troubleshooting Guide
Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working [Fixed]