Frigidaire Refrigerator Water Dispenser not Working? then You’re in the right place.
Frigidaire is a company that is known for its refrigerators, especially the ones that come with a water dispenser. They have impeccable design and are known for their quality. But sometimes there can happen a few mistakes in the design of the unit that may cause a problem. We are going to address such a problem here!
The water dispenser is an integral part of such refrigerators, and it might sometimes happen that it malfunctions. It is a rather common problem when it comes to the water dispenser of Frigidaire Refrigerators! But there is nothing to worry about because we have got you covered.
Several articles are addressing the problems like Frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser not working or Frigidaire not dispensing water, but none of them seems to solve the issue. With this article, we will rectify all your doubts and queries in the simplest way possible.
So without any further delay, let us begin with the discussion!
How to fix Water Dispenser on Frigidaire Refrigerator?
As already stated, this is one of the most common issues that the buyers of Frigidaire Refrigerator face. But there is nothing there to worry about as this can be resolved quickly if you follow the given steps without fail. We will tell you what to do if your Frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser is not working.
Apply the steps given below, and if the problem persists, then you can contact the customer executive to solve your doubts. The steps are –
- There is a Shutoff Valve present in the refrigerator. Turn that valve on the water line counterclockwise to open the valve fully.
- Press the Water Filter button on the refrigerator to display the condition of the filter.
- If the filter needs to be replaced, turn off the ice maker of the refrigerator.
- Please take out the old cartridge. Push the end of the filter, so the cartridge comes out.
- You need to insert a new cartridge in place of the old one. Push it in until it until the cartridge snaps into place.
- Now you have to press a glass against the lever of the dispenser to fill the glass with water. Empty that glass and repeat this step for four to five minutes to thoroughly flush the system.
- Turn On the Ice Maker of the refrigerator.
- Press and hold the Water Filter button on the refrigerator for three to four seconds to reset the filter status.
- Finally, ensure that the filter is installed correctly if the water does not come out from the dispenser. Push the end of the filter for the dispenser until it clicks into its place.
If the problem persists, contact the customer care of the company to resolve your issue.
Tested on Frigidaire refrigerator GLHS66EEQ9, FGUS2642LF2, FFSS2615TS, FFSS2615TP, FFSS2615TD, FFSS2615TE, FFHX2325TS, FFSS2315TD, FFSS2315TS, FFSS2315TE, FFSS2315TP, FFSC2323TS, FFHX2325TE, FFHD2250TS, FFHB2750TD, FFHB2750TE Models
How to clean the Frigidaire Refrigerator water line?
Refrigerator filters are high at removing the contaminant found in tap water over long periods. The water is cleaned when it runs through the lines, but sometimes it may not be possible to remove all the contaminants found in tap water.
The water supply in the refrigerator needs cleaning on a regular schedule so that the freezing tastes fresh and the refrigerator runs smoothly. Sometimes the water lines can get clogged with hard water so that they can disrupt the normal working of the machine.
Here, we will be telling you how can the water lines be cleaned with ease. Follow the steps given below –
- Please unplug the refrigerator before you can start working on the water lines. This will keep you safe from shocks and injuries.
- You then need to turn off the water supply at the source, so it becomes safe for the water line to remove and clean. You then need to unscrew the ice maker line and leave the dispenser line to the door nozzle.
- Then you can wash the reservoir with vinegar for the best results. You can use 1 cup of vinegar mixed with 1 gallon of water for removing the impurities.
- You then need to flush clean water through the reservoir so that the odour and taste of the vinegar solution are removed. Do this process three to four times to altogether remove the smell.
- Push back the water tubes back together until they lock and reconnect together.
Vinegar is one of the best household ways to clean the water lines of such refrigerators because it does not damage the lines at all and does the cleaning process superbly.
Vinegar is also readily available, so you don’t have to go out and buy expensive cleaning agents for the water lines. It also won’t damage the water lines and only cleans it from the impurities that would be great for your appliance.
Frigidaire Appliances have an excellent rating across all platforms, and they have made a good reputation for themselves. It may happen at times that you need to fix these machines yourself, but that is not a big hassle. This method will surely sort your problem of Frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser not working.
Cleaning any refrigerator is a big fuss, but we have tried to provide you with the most natural possible solution to work on this. I hope that you have been provided with the best content for your queries!
For other Frigidaire support queries visit here
Our Other Guides